Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electrical Engineers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nirajd

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello there,,,,
Which relay should be used if i have to connect the output of a lab generator with that of bus bar i.e. for synchronization of a lab generator? After proper voltage excitation and frequency control,I want the tripping to be done automatically so that it initiates a contactor to connect the alternator with the bus bar. Please tell me about the relay and the contactor. please pass a link for me to study thoroughly.

Hello there,,,,
Which relay should be used if i have to connect the output of a lab generator with that of bus bar i.e. for synchronization of a lab generator? After proper voltage excitation and frequency control,I want the tripping to be done automatically so that it initiates a contactor to connect the alternator with the bus bar. Please tell me about the relay and the contactor. please pass a link for me to study thoroughly.

Engineers talk in clear terms. Your query is all but clear. Please specify the signals you want to control as well as those to be used for control.

1. You have to synchronize your generator before you try and switch to take load.
2. you have to disconnect the incoming mains, else you will be back feeding it, taking to whole load of the grid and/or electrocuting any lines man who is working on the lines.
Frank

thank you guys for the respose. actually our project is to synchronize a lab alternator with the bus bar automatically. i have used pic16f877a in order to compare the voltages of the bus bar and that of alternator (already simulated in proteus). similarly, matching of frequency is also done. now what remains is to give a signal to a relay as soon as the program finds the matching between bus bar's volatages and frequency with that of the alternator. The relay should actuate a circuit breaker which finally closes the contactor. i want your help regarding the relay part.

Status
Not open for further replies.