+ Post New Thread
    Banned

Helped
    830 / 830
    Level

Keyboard amd mouse driver problem. How to solve. [Urgent]

Hello

I have 2 HHDs. Both can be used to boot as both has windows 7 ultimate os installed. I have a strange problem since today. One HDD is 2TB and another is 500 GB. I use 2TB HDD usually to boot. Today my keyboard and mouse stopped working and I was not able to log in to machine as I had to type in the password. I tried to go to boot menu and tried to boot using different options like safe mode, cmd prompt mode,...

But none works as keyboard and mouse doesn't work. So, I tried to boot using my 500 GB HDD and made 2 TB HDD as slave. Now I was able to log in as keyboard and mouse worked. So, my keyboard, mouse, motherboard, USB controller (for KB and mouse) are all fine. Actually I am posting this message after booting with 500 GB HDD.

Now please somebody tell me how to solve the issue. I need to use 2 TB HDD as primary drive and boot. Is there any way I can delete the KB and mouse Drivers in the 2TB HDD when it is connected as slave so that after doing that I am be able to boot it and windows will install the drivers again.

Except some folders on the 2TB HDD, I can access all the folders when it is connected as a slave. I am totally confused. I have installed Compilers on 2TB HDD and I need to do some programming urgently. KB works if I try to enter BIOS but as soon as the drivers are loaded both KB and mouse become freezed.

•   AltAdvertisement

Full Member level 3

Helped
    13 / 13
    Level

Re: Keyboard amd mouse driver problem. How to solve. [Urgent]

is it usb keyboard and mouse????

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't get you.

Are you using external hard disk instead of internal ??? To boot the OS.
    aghilwtsn

Banned

Helped
    830 / 830
    Level

Yes. I am using USB KB and mouse. It is working fine when I boot with 500 GB HDD. Both my HDDs are internal but I keep my PC open so that I can connect which ever HDD I want. I think the problem is corrupted usbhid driver. As both mouse and keyboard drivers can't get corrupted.

I somehow I can delete the drivers used for USB then I will boot with 2 TB HDD in safemode and try if windows installs the drivers.

Edit: I have an Idea . I will copy all usb drivers from my 500 GB HDD to 2 TB HDD and see if it works but for that I want to know where will be the drivers in system32 folder so that I can replace them. I only have to replace drivers related to usb.

Give some idea.

•   AltAdvertisement

Full Member level 3

Helped
    13 / 13
    Level

plug-in any pen drive in one of the usb port.

And check if its get detected in bios. ( option boot using usb (corresponding pen drive name) )

If it detects, install ubuntu or light weight os.

To check whether its a usb driver problem.
    aghilwtsn

Banned

Helped
    830 / 830
    Level

I tried to solve the problem in a different way and it is partly solved. I replaced all .sys files in windows\system32\drivers in 2 TB HDD with files from 500 GB HDD. Now while booting Keyboard and mouse works but system doesn't boot and it gives an option to use a restore point and I have not created any restore points.

Advanced Member level 4
    Achievements:
    7 years registered
    Helped
    123 / 123
    Level

Hi,
    If you have the Windows 7 DVD you can repair everything without having the need to format.
    Else you have to look for some utilities that can do the same job.
    http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolso...tup-repair.htm
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC_5eb9wTfk

Banned

Helped
    830 / 830
    Level

Thanks. I have Windows 7 DVD. I think it is some virus likw Win32.Rustock.0 which disables keyboards and mouse while booting. I connected my HDD as secondary drive and booted with my 500 GB HDD and scanned the whole 2 TB HDD with Kaspersky, AVG, and Bitdefender. I put all the infected files inside a zip file and put a password for it. None of the system files were infected and Antivirus did not detect any boot secor virus in my 2 TB HDD.

•   AltAdvertisement

Newbie level 6

Helped
    2 / 2
    Level

Get hold of a ps/2 keyboard and mouse (if ur motherboard has ports for them) and try... once in... plug the usb keyboard & mouse, delete the drivers and perform auto detect... then once the legacy drivers are found, try to search for latest drivers from the OEM website...

--[[ ]]--