Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help! What is this connector called?

Status
Not open for further replies.

catcha03

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I'm repairing some kind of farm equipment, a single pin is broken on the connector, I want to replace the entire connector for reliability, but i don't know what is this called. I looked at some electronics distribution sites and no luck, i also attached some picture. Thanks...

IMG_20130726_183124.jpg
IMG_20130726_183114.jpg
IMG_20130726_183124.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20130726_183105.jpg
    IMG_20130726_183105.jpg
    463.8 KB · Views: 90

Did you check numbers, letters on that connector?
Did you check schematics , manuals?
And what kind farm equipment use this harness?

yeah i did check for everything, i haven't found a single clue, what kind of connector is it though?

catcha,

Maybe you can find a similar device here :

+++

Last edited:

I guess your connect belong to family of DEUTSCH industrial connectors .
**broken link removed**

I don't believe it's a MIL Spec circular connector as both Andre and Yura have suggested.

It looks like a DIN/mini-DIN variant which are typically available in up to 20 conductors.

It would be helpful to see the mating side and something for scale.

In any event you should brace yourself, whether it is a MIL Spec Circular connector or a high density mini-DIN, both are quite expensive.

They can typically range in price from $75 to several hundred dollars a unit.

Most of the high density mini-DINs are available with prewired pigtails, typically in the $125 to $200 range.

BigDog

If there is enough cable to allow it, you may consider changing the entire pair for another pair of connectors.

Have a good look inside it - can you see any markings at all?

Last edited:

After years of searching, I still couldn't find the right replacement part, thanks for the help though. If it's gonna be that expensive for the part, i think it would be wise to replace the entire control unit. as for reliability as well... thanks for the help again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back