Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit Connection (parallel or series )

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainbow_

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!
Can you please tell me how these components are connected.
Parallel or Series ?

DSC_0963.JPG

Components at points : ed, dc, cf, ef

Last edited:

Whose components ?
Related to what points ?

The answer depends up of this.

+++

Rainbow, you have to do nothing else than to realize how the current(s) - driven by the voltage source - will flow through the various components.
That means: Will there be two currents (in parallel)? And will this current (or both of them) flow through any series connection?
I think, the answer is simple, is it not?

follow the current flow, if the current splits then they are connected in parallel, else its in series. just a simple way to remember.

Yes, it's not so hard. When the current arrive to d. The current splits up. One goes on the left and one goes on the right side.

Sorry if my english is bad.

The capacitor and the 8 Ohm resistor are connected in series. Call this Z!. The Inductor and the 4 Ohm resistor are connected in series. Call this Z2. Z1 and Z2 are connected in parallel. This is in agreement with the "current splitting" rule suggested by LvW, xharu2539211 and chri$.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back