Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make a transistor spice model

Status
Not open for further replies.

xwcwc1234

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
transistor spice models

I want to make a bipolar transistor spice model for simulation . Any one know how to do that ? Any free or cheap EDA tools available from internet ?

transistor spice model

You should start with a model of an existing transistor and change the numeric values to match your needs. There are descriptions in books on SPICE on each of the parameters.

transistor spice

I did not get your question - do you want a spice model for a discrete bipolar transistor?

how to make spice model

I don't think it is a good way to make a model by yourself, you should get it from the foundary

build pspice model

Because the bipolar device is not a standard device from foundry , it is a special device from my own . I 'd like to make the spice model so that it can be simulated in Hspice or Pspice. I heard IC-CAP can do this job. Any one know where to get a copy of this tool ?

how to made models for spice

in CMOS process , bipolar is parasitic device and model not accuracy
but we usuall use it "diode" fucntion for bandgap ..
so it is ok for design

in really bipolar like episil Fab have really bipolar spice model
but build spice model is difficult ..

and many book talk abut MOS , BSIM model
but little book talk about BJT

you can read "semiconductor device model with spice" chap5
talk about BJT model

how to make a spice model for semiconductor

xwcwc1234 said:
I want to make a bipolar transistor spice model for simulation . Any one know how to do that ? Any free or cheap EDA tools available from internet ?

://www.mosis.com maybe you can find some.

build spice models

Although MOSIS website has enough material on IC fab. , but can not found any BJT spice model. Anyway, thanks.

how to make spice model,

If you have IC_cap and solid knowledge of BJT modeling,it's rather easy to get a bipolar model yourself.But you should do some necessary measurement first.In fact you can find detailed method in IC-cap's mannual.

psice model not found

xwcwc1234 said:
Although MOSIS website has enough material on IC fab. , but can not found any BJT spice model. Anyway, thanks.

these sample model i've extracted maybe give you an example,(but no use for your design ,the process of the models couldn't continue.)

how to build spice model for transistor

adlabplus2.7 have a SPICE modeling tool for transistors, diodes and op amps.
it name model.exe

how to make a transistor

What is the adlabplus 2.7 ? Is it a free tool ? Where to downloadit ?

how to make a model in pspice

in orcad9.2,you can build a model lib for bjt.

transistor spice modelling tool

I think a support from fab is indispensible,or you can not have the real parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back