Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

+ve -ve Regulated Bench Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJFORTY

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, Guys

I'm looking for a good design for a bench Power Supply (-ve, +ve ouputs)..
yes.. I know .. Do a Search !!! I did but only found fixed voltages.

Please be nice and show some links..

Chrees... and Merry Xmas.

JJForty

what kind of volt+amp range are you looking for?

JJFORTY

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
around +30 -30 .. Max amps possible ..

Cheers.

You should use a mains transformer. Put a bridge rectifier on the output and ground the center tap of the transformer secondary. You will get +V on one bridge output and -V on the other. Put very large capacitors from each of these points to ground.

Then you can use the LM117 family of TO3 adjustable voltage regulators. The data sheets for these have examples of using external pass transistors for more current capacity.

Thnax for the Reply Flatutent

But i am looking for a more robust design eg. short circuit protection, output readouts (anologue - digital) etc..

Any ideas ??

Cheers..

Just a suggestion here... May be you can find some similar (might not be 100% similar) projects in Circuit Cellar, EPE, and Elektor magazines.

try this website to design your own

**broken link removed**

hi,
some useful data at
my.integritynet.com.au/purdic/power4.htm

I think flatulent has a good idea. You can add a source side fuse for short circuit protection and use a resistor + D/A + uC + LCD for a digital Voltage / Current readout or just incorporate some cheap meter movements into your box.

hello we have pcb for the +/- dual power supply using lm317t and lm337t its voltage rang 1.25 to 30v at 1amp ple read the data sheet of ics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back