Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using Rsoft's solar cell utility; should height of source matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ijs13

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
We're using Rsoft's solar cell utility to simulate plasmonically enhanced solar cells. Being new to using Rsoft I was curious if the distance between the source and the top surface of the cell would effect the cell's Jsc and overall efficiency. I expected it shouldn't, but it turns out it did with my simulation file. I then opened one of Rsoft's tutorial files that came with the software, and ran a few simulations while only varying the height of the source. I found that the results were also effected by the height of the source. We tried emailing Rsoft's technical support, but received a very short answer basically stating the height of the source shouldn't matter. At this point, I do not know how much distance I should be putting between the source and the cell, or perhaps if the problem is arising from some parameter I am missing. We are currently running a similar simulation in Lumerical, and are hoping to get a better idea of where the source should be once we get the results back from that. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back