Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

laptop motherboard problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMJATH.1122

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have fully dead compal la-2871 mobo,in cpu_b+ line going to 36th pin of max 1532, 4 capacitors in line one of them is short,i replace that and power connect show battery charge led on,but few seconds the capacitor is again short and mobo is dead.the capacitor is 4.7U_1206_25V6K placed near by processor and four mosfets. can you help me.

What is "compal" and "mobo" ? New type of computer ? :smile:

First try to find circuit for that motherboard.

Last edited:

i have fully dead compal la-2871 mobo,in cpu_b+ line going to 36th pin of max 1532, 4 capacitors in line one of them is short,i replace that and power connect show battery charge led on,but few seconds the capacitor is again short and mobo is dead.the capacitor is 4.7U_1206_25V6K placed near by processor and four mosfets. can you help me.

It is unlikely that same capacitor is shorted again, either voltage may be lower than rated or mounted with wrong polarity. Check the voltage at the plus pin and see what it is. Could be bad power-supply or higher voltage at that pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.