Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Data Logger to store the hours of running

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncarthic

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using PIC12F1822 for my project to run a AC induction motor. It switched on every time when there is a signal from the Hall effect IC which acts as a flow sensor. I want to monitor the time every time when the motor gets kicked Off and save the dat in the internal memory. I dont know how to start. Can anyone help me here please? and it is very urgent , please....

PIC12F1822 have 256bytes EEPROM size, to store more data you need external EEPROM IC. You can use I2C/SPI protocol for this.

One question you need real time to say when motor is off like 13:40:07-14:02:34 ? In that case you need to use RTC IC.

How long you need to log this few hours, one day, week, month, ... ? You need to determine needed size of EEPROM.

This uC have 128bytes of RAM, your code should be optimized.

Best regards,
Peter

;-)

PIC12F1822 have 256bytes EEPROM size, to store more data you need external EEPROM IC. You can use I2C protocol for this. You can use 24AA1025 with 1Mbit Capacity

New Microsoft Office PowerPoint Presentation (2).jpg

Hello Peter,
Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it. I am using a PIC12F1822 to control my motor operation. when ever there is a input from the flow switch to the PIC then it switch on the motor via an Opto-Isolator. I actually want my PIC12F1822 to store the total time in its EEPROM whenever the motor runs. So when I want to see how long it ran for then I can do so by reading the EEPROM. Please see attached the diagram which shows how I want it. I want to allocate 4 bytes from the EEPROM. One for seconds, one for Minutes, one for hours and one for Days. Can I do by timers? I am new to the C program and so I dont know how to start it? or what is the concept that I should follow? I know one of the person did this in his project but I cant ask him. I want to know how to program for this. If anyone can help me, that will be really helpful.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back