Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A text editor porting on microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

ss_shrenik

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys,

I wanted to port a text editor on ARM microcontroller (it could be LPC2148 or Stellaris one not decided yet, will decide based on memory requirements). I found leafpad text editor which is a light editor and its source code is available and i am thinking to port that on ARM (http://tarot.freeshell.org/leafpad/). Please let me know if any suggestion or someone have tried to port text editor share guidelines if any.

What do you envision for the display device?

A Nokia Display. prob 3310 display.

Please let me know if any suggestion or someone have tried to port text editor share guidelines if any.

Well for starters, select a larger display! :lol:

I'd rather have a sharp stick inserted under a fingernail, rather than attempt to edit text on a Nokia 3310.

Since you are utilizing a microcontroller with real horsepower, why not incorporate a larger display like a monochrome 128x64 or 160x128?

The KS0108B chipset is fairly straight forward to interface and code.

BigDog

I could not agree more with BigDog. If you are staying with the 3310, then I would look for FIELD editting code - like BOSS [C code modules for field editting]

I could not agree more with BigDog. If you are staying with the 3310, then I would look for FIELD editting code - like BOSS [C code modules for field editting]

I am selecting nokia display to reduce cost, as its cost only around 70-80rs. I want to make the device cheaper.

I would look for FIELD editing code - like BOSS [C code modules for field editing]

Maybe you can implement a Zoom feature for those of us whom rely on reading glasses. :roll:

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.