Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why we cant use always inside the program block

Status
Not open for further replies.

karalamoorthy_p

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

Why we cant use always inside the program block. Suppose if we use what will happen.

suppose if we use forever what will happen.

It is basic concept only, but I wanna know this things.

Please reply back ASP. It would be helpful to me.

Thanks and Regards,
Karalamoorthy

we can have the functionality of always block in a program block using a forever construct.

But directly if you put a always block inside program, i think it may give a compilation error.

Now the question is, why we should not have a always block inside a program block so answer for this thing is very simple.
Program block is made to create a testcase, which will start and end after doing some testing (simulation driving to dut) and thus there is no need of always block. Its something like you planned to go to market and buy something and come back, now in this process why you will stuck somewhere and wait for some event or wait in forever loop.

But still if you want to do something you can do using forever loop, and using forever loop it will work also.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back