Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FFt factorization of the roots by -1, j and -j

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruwan2

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am reading an article on FFT implementation in FPGA. I do not understand its description on roots factorization. The paragraph is:

"Figure 13.14 shows how the roots to the left and right of the imaginary (Im) axis and the roots above and below the real (Re) axis are mirrored. The angle q of roots 1, -j -1 and j follow as 2pi/(N/4). Factoring out -j, -1 and j from the roots in the third, second and first quadrants, respectively, means that the remaining factors of these roots lie solely in the fourth 1 quadrant. If the roots are then grouped with a periodicity of sita=2pi/(N/4), an extremely efficient factorization of the transform matrix is obtained."

Figure 13.14 shows 16 roots on unit circle. Thus, N=16 for this example. I don't understand the last part, which is italic and underscored. What is "the fourth 1 quadrant"?

"If the roots are then grouped with a periodicity of sita=2pi/(N/4)," means the (16-3=13) roots (after removing -j, -1, j)? It is not periodic for a number 13. Could you explain it to me?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back