Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About Insulation Monitoring Device Manual

Status
Not open for further replies.

iruraz

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I intend to purchase insulation monitoring device for my electric car from Bender. There is an expression in its manual and I am confused about it:

Automatic adaptation to the existing system leakage capacitance (<1 uF)

What is the meaning of "system leakage capacitance"? You can see its manual the link below. And you can see my question in "Device Features".

**broken link removed**

Regards.

From what I see in PDF (from your first post), on page 3, on schematic there is a parasite component described as Ce. In some condition current which will charge (or decharge via load) might be detected as a leak current, and generating false alarms in insulation monitor.

In some condition current which will charge (or decharge via load) might be detected as a leak current, and generating false alarms in insulation monitor.

@elektryk thanks for your response. Could you explain relationship between leak current and "leakage capacitance"?

Status
Not open for further replies.