Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cross-correlation function problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

anderyza

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

I have a following problem:

given cross-correlation function \[{C_{12}}{\left(\tau\right)}\] associated with a pair of time functions \[{f}_{1}(t)\] and \[{f}_{2}(t)\]:

\[{C_{12}}{\left(\tau\right)}={3 cos}^{2 }{\sigma}{t sin}{\sigma} {t}\]

if \[{f}_{1}(t) =\frac{ 1}{2 }+\frac{1}{4}cos {\sigma}t+ \frac{1}{2}sin 2{\sigma}t- \frac{3}{2}sin 3{\sigma}t+ 4 cos 4{\sigma}t \]

find \[{f}_{2}(t)\].

The idea I thought of is to apply Fourier transform to cross-correlation function and to the first time function to evaluate spectrum of the second function and then obtain the function

itself by applying inverse Fourier transform to the spectrum. But I didn't manage to do it technically. I believe it has a simple solution like comparison of two time series, say by applying

trigonometric relations to cross-correlation function we have: \[{C_{12}}{\left(\tau\right)}=\frac{3}{2}+\frac{3}{4} sin {\sigma}t+\frac{3}{4} sin 3{\sigma}t\]. Then it can be

assumed that the second function should include some DC and two waveforms with frequencies of σ and 3σ, but again I don't know how to solve it technically.

Unfortunately I have no answer to the problem, so please could anyone help me to solve it?

Can you try solve by Matlab program or Mathematical software ? , may must to adapt littlely that eq before calculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back