Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Doubts regarding on Example(C:\ADS2009\examples\MW_Ckt) amplifier Layout in ADS2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RealAEL Sir,
Whenever I have created the layout. In the layout view, perfectly there in no cracks( empty gap appearing between MLINS) appearing in the MLIN'S or no cracks(empty gap) appearing at the bends and edges. But when we go and view in the GERBER ON LINE internet view, there it is showing the cracks(empty gaps) in the upper layer(top). If we give as like this with cracks to PCB manufacturer, definitely we will not get the expected results. How to avoid the cracks (empty gap) in the both GERBER view and also layout view.
Here with , I am attaching the layout view and Gerber with cracks figures.

Attachments

• LAYOUT_VIEW.jpg
    LAYOUT_VIEW.jpg
    363.5 KB · Views: 62
  • Cracks_Appear_in_The_Gerber_View.jpg
    Cracks_Appear_in_The_Gerber_View.jpg
    345.3 KB · Views: 73

During Gerber export if the wrong options are selected, particularly the number format, this can lead to loss of accuracy in the Gerber data. That is why during export you will see the following:

For artwork accuracy, Gerber precision should have a finer resolution than ADS layout precision. To ensure this, set the "Fractional digits" Gerber export option to be one greater than the number of decimal places in the "Layout Units > Resolution" layout preference value.

Try the export using more precision if necessary.

Try the export using more precision if necessary.
RealAEL Sir
I have set the Fractional digits to "6" and integer Digits to "2'" , while Gerber export more option and in the unit layout unit resolution set to "0.0001". Even though I set it to maximum Fractional digits to "6", earlier it was showing two to three "cracks", but it is showing reduced to at least one ***** . Even though , I set Fractional digit to maximum to "6", Gerber view is not free of "cracks".
In the previous post, you said to "try the export using more precision", where I have to go and set the more precision.
Here with, I have attached the Layout unit resolution and Gerber more view Fractional digits setting.

Attachments

• Resolution_Layout_Units.jpg
    Resolution_Layout_Units.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 70
  • Fractional_Digit_Setting.jpg
    Fractional_Digit_Setting.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 76

You are using mils (1/1000th inch) units in the layout and exporting the gerber file in mm. You are not comparing like units as there is a conversion happening. You would do better to either change the layout units to mm and regenerate the layout or export to gerber using inch units.

You would do better to either change the layout units to mm and regenerate the layout or export to gerber using inch units.
RealAEL Sir,
Thank you for your help. As you said I did it , I changed to output units to "inch". Number format, I have taken integer digits as "2" , and Fractional digits maximum to "6". Even I tried for taking the Layout unit changed to "mm" and Gerber export changed to "inch" and Fractional digit maximum to "6" also. In layout view, it is not all showing any "cracks", Gerber ON LINE software view only , it is showing cracks. Especially, in the Gerber View when ZOOM " +" or " -" , it is still showing the cracks.
Even I sent Gerber file to PCB manufacturer, he sent pdf format of TOP layer. When I ZOOM to 200% or 400% pdf file, I am noticing the cracks in the top layer of pdf file sent by PCB manufacturer.

Here with I am attaching, Layout units, more option view and also pdf sent by the PCB manufacturer TOP.pdf.

I am really worrying about, how to overcome these cracks, am really grateful you have helped like anything earlier and presently to solve the ADS problems.

Attachments

• Layout_Units.jpg
    Layout_Units.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 57
  • More_Options.jpg
    More_Options.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 84
  • TOP.pdf
    8.3 KB · Views: 57

With the layout resolution set to 0.0001 mils you would need 2.7 format for the gerber output in inches. This is not possible so for that you would need to increase the layout resolution. Alternatively as I said before changing the layout units to mm and export in mm as you did previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back