Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Automation of AIR CONDITIONER through sensors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Peter... I have developed my project but now I am facing a problem of range... IR sensors are giving a very short range of around 5 mm only. Can you suggest some ideas to improve it upto at least 1 metre.

Regards

Post circuit, for now without circuit I only can guess.

Check TX diode current, check resistor value, check voltage.

Best regards,
Peter

Post circuit, for now without circuit I only can guess.

Check TX diode current, check resistor value, check voltage.

Best regards,
Peter

Please find the circuit attached....and let me know your views about how to increase the range of IR sensors??.

Regards

Attachments

• transmitter end.png
    transmitter end.png
    14.1 KB · Views: 86

What is IR Line Array sensor ?

Best regards,
Peter

It is an assembly of 5 Ir transmitters and receiver pairs arranged in a 2D array. Each pair works as a seperate IR sensor module. It is bascally used in path tracking robots. I am using two pairs out of 5. This module is available in market from various companies such as robokits or thinklabs and many more.
I have also checked the transmitter voltage and it is about 4.7 volts.

Regards

Did you measure current with amperemeter or you say 300mA because that say datasheet ? Its very important to check that (to measure).

Try to clear LEDs bodies with some nice patch.

They mention some pot in datasheet for best results adjustments, I cant see that pot on picture from datasheet, maybe its on bottom side of PCB. Check that pot.

Best regards,
Peter

Did you measure current with amperemeter or you say 300mA because that say datasheet ? Its very important to check that (to measure).

Try to clear LEDs bodies with some nice patch.

They mention some pot in datasheet for best results adjustments, I cant see that pot on picture from datasheet, maybe its on bottom side of PCB. Check that pot.

Best regards,
Peter

I have tried to use that pot and tried to calibrate it for maximum range and still the maximum distance which I am able to cover is about 10 cm only, and yes I measured current with ampmeter and its about 286 mA.

Regards

I dont think you will get longer distance this sensor its line detection sensor. Detects change in colors and can be used in line following robots.

Wrong sensor on wrong place.

Best regards,
Peter

:wink:

so what sensor do you suggest???

- - - Updated - - -

What is the purpose of the IR sensors?

Are they PIRs for detecting heat signatures within the room?

If so, have you considered using Dual-Techs?

Dual-Tech Outdoor Motion Sensor

BigDog

I am using IR sensors just to count nuumber of people entering and leaving the room.

See project what I post on the beginning of this thread.

Also check sensors suggested by BigDog.

Best regards,
Peter

;-)

Last edited:
Dear All

Thanks everyone for their valuable suggestions. My project is complete now and is working fine. I would like to take this opportunity to thanks each and everyone who helped me with this project on this forum.

And last but not the least, a special thanks to the big man "PETER". He helped me a great deal and he made me learn certain things. He was the source of inspiration for me for this project.

Regards

Ankit

I want to automate my AC. I want it to switch on as soon as I enter my room and turn off when I leave it. Now the problem is that if I use PIR occupancy sensor then If I go to sleep at night or make no movements then PIR sensor will think that room is unoccupied and it will trigger the AC off. So please give me suggestions what I can do in order to make fool proof sensor based automation system. Also is there any kind of sensor which just tells you is there any living body within its range irrespective of the motion of the body?????
Please Help!!!!!

you can use infrared sensor to detection body in the rom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back