Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to generate block level constraints from top level constraints in synopsys DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

akash singh

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all!
I have top level constraints for my design. I want to synthesize a particular block of my design for which I need to generate block level constraints using Top level constraints.

I am using synopsys design compiler.

I have heard about dc_allocate_budget command.

Can someone provide link for some tutorials on how to use dc_allocate_budget command for the purpose or any other better way to do that.

Last edited:

Did you check Characterization in DC?.

The allocated budgets can be used to drive the synthesis of individual blocks. The budget generation and allocation process is iterative.
You use the RTL budgeting flow to allocate initial budgets, then use the initial budgets to synthesize lowerlevel blocks. You can apply the synthesis results to the budgeter to derive more accurate budgets by using the gate-level or refinement budgeting flow, repeating this process until design goals are achieved.

Status
Not open for further replies.