Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

7th order butterworth filter high pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

adeelmalik

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, can anyone please guide me that i want to design a 7th order butterworth high pass filter (it may be active or passive) .how can i find its transfer function ? And can i design it without using inductors ? How it can be designed

You could make a cascade of 3rd order and next two 2nd order butterwoth filters. The solution for 2nd and 3rd order filters you can find here:
**broken link removed**

What is the frequency of the signal?

For lower frequencies you can use active filters. The free FilterPro software from Texas Instruments makes it easy to design them.

frequency is not specific, its just the project i have to submit , can it be done without using inductors?

yes you can design high pass active filters without the need of inductors , just RC and OP

Status
Not open for further replies.