Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

100mm display&PIC&ST232 and problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

optech

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
100mm 7 segment display

I want to drive 3 digit 7 segment display. My purpose is, the data which received from computer, show in display. I have developed the circuit and firmware for PIC so that it. I can drive the small display with this circuit that powered 5V in a board. But I can't do it for 100mm display. When I give 9V voltage to the circuit, 100mm display works correct and brightness of display is good. Also ICs are not be warm.

But my problem is I know that ST232 ve PIC16f628 should worked with max 5.5-6V voltage. In this conditions, in long time range, Have I problem with this circuit? And Is there a way for this circuit works with 5V voltage.

Thanks.

Hi,
I think you must get a new power supplier,because small 7 segment display has only one LED chip in series,but 100mm has 5 LED chips in series.one chip need about less than 2 voltage to drive,so 5 in series need 5 times.

I hope this will advise you.We are a manufacturer of LED components in China,if you can give me some advice about who need our products,I will be appreciated it very much.My E-mail:ivan@nb-flying.com.
Ivan

Status
Not open for further replies.