Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wire-to-wire options for wire-to-board connectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjmonty3

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm looking to add length to a cable that is terminated with a Molex wire-to-board connector and there doesn't appear to be an easy way to do this. These connectors are designed to mate only with connectors that are board mounted (pcb or thru-hole). The only solution I can come up with is a breakout board which is expensive and not an option in this situation. Does anyone have suggestions or advice? Keep in mind that this has to be a clean solution. No soldering wires together or alligator clips:lol:

It might be helpful to know the connector series. The most straightforward and clean solution is to replace the cable with a longer one.

It might be helpful to know the connector series. The most straightforward and clean solution is to replace the cable with a longer one.
This is the specific connector.
Molex P/N: 87369-0600

Also, I agree that replacing the cable with a longer one is the best solution. This is the only solution that I am considering at the moment.

Essentially industry standard 2mm single row crimp connectors.

The next best solution besides replacing the cable might be connecting a same type extension cable by 2mm pin strips and fix it with shrink-on tube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back