Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Panasonic th-p42x20z plasma tv No signs of life

Status
Not open for further replies.

philk

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I have moved my lounge around yesterday, TV was working fine never had any issues with it.
I have the TV on standby but not off at the wall, flicked the switch off at the wall, moved the TV to a new location pluged it into a power board with 4 other items then turned the switch on at the wall.
Everything was able to turn on after that except the TV. It has not lights or signs off life, does not make a click sound.

I am from New Zealand so we use 240v power same as Australia

I have taken the back off and tested power, but not 100% sure where to go next, what I have found is what looks like a bulb - it has 65v8 on it... in the Panasonic service manual it says it is a seuge absorber (spelt like that) would this the technically a fuse/circut breaker?

when I have the power on I get 61.8V on one side nothing on the other.

How can I test this? could I bridge it out to see if the tv will come back to like and if so replace it?

Attached are some photos
DSCF1218.jpgDSCF1223.jpgDSCF1224.jpg

Without the schematic, you are fumbling in the dark. Get the schematic and we can analyze.

Hi
I have moved my lounge around yesterday, TV was working fine never had any issues with it.
I have the TV on standby but not off at the wall, flicked the switch off at the wall, moved the TV to a new location pluged it into a power board with 4 other items then turned the switch on at the wall.
Everything was able to turn on after that except the TV. It has not lights or signs off life, does not make a click sound.

I am from New Zealand so we use 240v power same as Australia

I have taken the back off and tested power, but not 100% sure where to go next, what I have found is what looks like a bulb - it has 65v8 on it... in the Panasonic service manual it says it is a seuge absorber (spelt like that) would this the technically a fuse/circut breaker?

when I have the power on I get 61.8V on one side nothing on the other.

How can I test this? could I bridge it out to see if the tv will come back to like and if so replace it?

Attached are some photos
View attachment 92697View attachment 92698View attachment 92699

send the schematic to be helped,but if ur not sure bridge that with a 220v filament globe and observe,if the set goes to standby and power on.good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back