Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

bluetooth device battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajaram04

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello sir

i want to know how this small bluetooth battery works for along time with a lot of load inside ?

how this happen ?

Little nano Gremlins are only reasonable explanation for this. :grin:

Hi RajaRam,

Please specify battery or product, and explain "load inside".

Best regards,
Peter

:wink:

i mean to say headsets * circuitry inside

i mean to say headsets * circuitry inside

You mean on bluetooth headsets?

320px-Bluetooth_headset.jpg

Its not high power consument, and on other side Li-Po is used.

You mean on bluetooth headsets?

320px-Bluetooth_headset.jpg

Its not high power consument, and on other side Li-Po is used.

ohh ok so is it possible for us todesign such batteries ? how to design home made rechargable small batteries ?

Polymer Lithium Ion Battery - 110mAh
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/731

00731-01.jpg

Dimensions: 5.7x12x28mm

Weight: 2.65g

Polymer Lithium Ion Battery - 20mAh
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9142

09142-04.jpg

The batteries are available on the market.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Button_cell#Rechargeable_variants

The real design challenge is to keep the consumption down ;)

These Lithium batteries are button cells and they are not rechargable batteries, but do the job in lots of devices. Maybe some handset bluetooth device use these button cells as power source.

For free time see this RC Micro Spitfire airplane on 10mAh:
https://maxoffsky.com/hobby-blog/rc-micro-spitfire-airplane-build-log/
https://blog.goo.ne.jp/toko0131/e/39f6e7535affc1efe75f875fb61323b9

Best regards,
Peter

Peter,

Quite a few button cells have rechargeable brethren ;)

Reactions: tpetar

tpetar

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Peter,

Quite a few button cells have rechargeable brethren ;)

I didnt know that, this is new data for me today. I know for NiMh and NiCd small button cells, not for Lithium based rechargable. From these button cells I usually used small alkaline and Lithium based 2032 or similar, sometimes small NiMh in serie pack of two or three, but not Lithium or alkaline as rechargable.

Best regards,
Peter

;-)

Last edited:

I didnt know that, this is new data for me today. I know for NiMh and NiCd small button cells, not for Lithium based rechargable. From these button cells I usually used small alkaline and Lithium based 2032 or similar, sometimes small NiMh in serie pack of two or three, but not Lithium or alkaline as rechargable.

Best regards,
Peter

;-)

well well well its a nice discussion going o n here & thanks for all these info & coming to the rechargable nature of button or coin cell , what i observed allow me to explain with some lines

i designed so many lighting devices using button cells & they comparitivly have a shorter lifetime

but when i connect an external power source with a tranformerless or simple transformer supply in a charging manner to these button cells separatly it works for a single day or some times a week atleast

too we can observe it in motherboard or some musical instruments to hold settings like time etc

:grin::-D:razz::smile:

well well well its a nice discussion going o n here & thanks for all these info & coming to the rechargable nature of button or coin cell , what i observed allow me to explain with some lines

i designed so many lighting devices using button cells & they comparitivly have a shorter lifetime

but when i connect an external power source with a tranformerless or simple transformer supply in a charging manner to these button cells separatly it works for a single day or some times a week atleast

too we can observe it in motherboard or some musical instruments to hold settings like time etc

:grin::-D:razz::smile:

These button batteries usually have small capacity, but can do the job for lower power needs, such as remote control devices, timer/clock, .... but I have not met with a rechargeable types, usually its alkaline or Lithium based. Small rechargable NiMh and NiCd are similar to button cells but they are different. :smile:

Small NiMh/NiCd rechargable similar to button cell batteries:

766_23220.jpg

**broken link removed**

See Energizer CR2032 tech information (240mAh to 2V, its not bad at all):
http://data.energizer.com/PDFs/cr2032.pdf

Dont mix Lithium based NON rechargable with Lithium based Li-Po/Li-Ion rechargable.
CR2032 and similar button cells are not rechargable.

Best regards,
Peter

These button batteries usually have small capacity, but can do the job for lower power needs, such as remote control devices, timer/clock, .... but I have not met with a rechargeable types, usually its alkaline or Lithium based. Small rechargable NiMh and NiCd are similar to button cells but they are different. :smile:

Small NiMh/NiCd rechargable similar to button cell batteries:

766_23220.jpg

**broken link removed**

See Energizer CR2032 tech information (240mAh to 2V, its not bad at all):
http://data.energizer.com/PDFs/cr2032.pdf

Dont mix Lithium based NON rechargable with Lithium based Li-Po/Li-Ion rechargable.
CR2032 and similar button cells are not rechargable.

Best regards,
Peter

nah nah its not of rechargable type but it has a limit to show this behaviour , infact all dry cells have some limit for some days & after that its of no use (may be due to some chemical behaviour loss) , well i tried it for button cells , 9 volts battery & simple 1.5 volt cell , all win :razz:

last year i designed a 3 white l.e.d lamp driven by only two medium size button cells , they are still working & i use to give some low voltage externally for charging batteries individually to each cell & after that i get a bright light for some days of use :-D the process is still going on

yaa but not a very high voltages we can prefer as they are tiny small not able to aapt overloads :wink:

i observed here :
maximum limit 9 volts for 20 to seconds maximum , but only for down voltage cells :-x
(it gets heated a lil.bit)
But these are not applicable for new one or it ll depend on charging after first charge :roll: all the time & ll be exhausted soon . :-o:-o

rest we can understand by making experiments on them :-D

- - - Updated - - -

i am talking about this types which are on running these days for my all the lighting gadgets

url.jpg

3v CR2016 lithium coin cell is best fit for most of the Bluetooth devices. Button sized batteries are also available with shelf life up to 10 years.

where this utton sized batteries are also available ? please get me lonk for that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back