Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[MOVED] analog circuit design

Status
Not open for further replies.

boukamoha

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i'm interested in analog designing for telecommunication and communication systems..can a circuit designer guide me to start with some ideas and documentations and materials plz? i have lot of theory in my pocket but to start as designer is not clear for me
best regards

Re: analog circuit design

Most modern telecomms are highly digital outside the RF
or photonics section; everybody wants to get to bits as
soon as possible. So ADC design is very busy and has been,
will contiinue to be. And of course all these systems need
power management which embeds a great deal of analog.

If you want to design, begin with the application. Its needs
will define what's acceptable for topologies, performance,
cost and so on. From there you, the designer, get to lay
brick as artistically as the schedule allows.

do u have any interesting documentation or tools to start with?
the main interest of mine is the implementation of the hardware based on theoretical studies.

Last edited:

I have the same question. can anyone suggest where to start, what to cover at first and what tools an amateur will need?

The best tool for analog design is a Spice simulator. LTspice is a free download from Linear Technology and is used by many on these websites. It will allow you to test many types of analog circuit to view the various circuit voltages, currents, power, frequency response, etc. and help understand their operation. Of course after simulation you should also build some of them to become familiar with the differences between simulated (ideal) performance and real world performance.

in my opinion, first of all you have to think about the specification and then fix them... the specifications include,
1. which type of communication system you want to design, simplex(one way communication like TV signal), half duplex(like walkie-talkie) or full duplex(like telephone)?
for example if u want to design FM based communication system, then u have to be clear about it that FM is a simplex system. so, to deploy the full duplex communication system using FM (for two persons), you have to design 2x transmitters and 2x receivers, (1 tx and rx at each side)
2. Then you have to study the govt. rules about the limitation of frequency usage in your area (in Pakistan you can use freely with in the premises of your home)
3. choose the circuit components via internet... for FM, you can use BK-1080 IC for Rx and BK-1085 for tx. or you can make your own circuit (a lot of circuit designs are available on internet.)
4. after designing, test for the frequency response on "Spectrum Analyser" and set your receiver accordingly or you can tune it at your mobile phone to check the frequency.

the tools you need are:
1. any circuit simulation software (like multiSim, proteus professional, or any other)
2. power supply
3. digital multimeter
4. signal generator
5. oscilloscope

i hope it will help...!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.