Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Clock controlled switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UB18

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a bit in the schematic that generates phase shifted clocks φ1 and φ2. Now, in another part of the circuit, I have switches controlled by φ1 and φ2. How do I make the circuit up in Cadence?
If I use switches from analogLib, how do I ensure that they are controlled by the clock?

Thanks!

switch.png

Last edited:

You can parallelize and/or serialize switches with different clock timings, s. e.g. this example with several phase shifted clocks:

Attachments

• diff_amp_schematic.pdf
    55.1 KB · Views: 57
Reactions: UB18

UB18

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Okay, no. I don't understand it. This is too complex. What I want is just a Cadence representation of
φ1
_____/ _____

You mean the analog switch representation of the right side of your switch.png above? In this case you need only one control input (φ1).

If it's the analogLib switch, apart from the symbol it also should have a schematic view.

I get it now! Thanks, I will try it in a bit. Sorry I'm new to this and takes me a while to get it :p
Great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back