Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is not allowable to rate the 1st message topic poster

Status
Not open for further replies.
...does it really serve any useful purpose?...

Regarding the 1st message topic useful poster - as mentioned at #3 message above - my intention was to incentive the thanked newer member motivated to keep sharing updated informations, but as you said, this feature really have no effective utility, at least to me.

+++

What's the point of thanks anyway? it does not gain a member anything other than having been thanked.
I believe it serves another purpose too, as it can help noobs asking questions to evaluate the replys they get, especially when conflicting answers are given by different members.

For example, someone with posts=1000, helped=300 is likely to be someone who's generally helpful and probably knowledgable, whereas someone with posts=250, helped=2 is likely to be someone who isn't very knowledgable and has more questions than answers themselves.

(Just my 2c worth)

P.S. as for the thread topic, I'm not bothered that 1'st posts can't be rated.

Status
Not open for further replies.