Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

real time simulation for buck converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

octopus dive

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi, i really need help in completing a project which consists about real-time simulation of buck converter. i want to know whether i can use PIC16F877A to do the real time simulation and how to do it?..really need ASAP replies..thanks :)

'Real time' suggests you are interested either in an animated simulation, or an interactive simulation, or both.

What leads have you explored so far?

Although I do not have experience with a pic, I have a Youtube video which consists of animated simulations of buck, boost, and buck-boost converters.

It portrays action in the coil, flux fields growing and collapsing, changing EMF, current bundles flowing through wires, capacitor charging and discharging. It required years of work to develop my program to the point where it would create the simulation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT_sLF5Etm4

There is another animated simulator, created by Paul Falstad (www.falstad.com/circuit). His is interactive.
I created switched-coil converters in his program as well.
To see interactive simulations of the these converters, look for my posts in the thread:

https://www.edaboard.com/threads/268178/

i'm interested in interactive simulation, where any changes made on the hardware circuit can affect the software circuit..for example if i change the RCL value in hardware circuit, the software circuit will detect in and thus displayed the changes made. i'm starting from scratch and right now i'm only have the basic buck converter circuit..i want to know whether the pic can made the real time simulation or not?

There is the idea of regulating the output voltage by using the pic. It contains an ADC.

The pic can detect what volt level is on the load, then change the PWM frequency or duty cycle, to obtain a desired level.

I'm not sure if that's what you had in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back