Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to do dc mismatch analysis in virtuoso spectre(IC615)

Status
Not open for further replies.

subbareddy434

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I designed folded cascode opamp for gain of 57db and UGB 16Mhz.i want to to do dcmatch analysis for folded cascode op-amp.when i am doing dcmismatch analysis in spectre it is asking threshold value.I don't know how much value to give .i am using UMC 180nm technology in that i don't know how to include variations in model file for dc mismatch analysis.....
here i am attached a schematic of folded casode op amp..
please help me in this regard...

Attachments

• Screenshot-4.png
    Screenshot-4.png
    102.4 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:

... i want to to do dc mismatch analysis for folded cascode op-amp.when i am doing dcmismatch analysis in spectre it is asking threshold value.I don't know how much value to give .i am using UMC 180nm technology in that i don't know how to include variations in model file for dc mismatch analysis.....
If fabs/foundries provide a Monte Carlo mismatch setup for their process, they usually define either threshold limits or parameter variations with variation type and standard deviation values, s. e.g. slides 11-13 of the MC tutorial below. If you don't have such a setup, just give an estimated threshold value for the offset.

Attachments

• Cadence_Monte_Carlo_simulation_tutorial.pdf
    1,009.3 KB · Views: 608

thanks for reply should i include mc model file for to do dcmatch analysis...
Here i am attaching the snapshot of mc files which are in my foundry library. could you suggest in which i have to include variations..

Attachments

• Screenshot-5.png
    Screenshot-5.png
    68.2 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:

Just include the MC model files and define a variable sigma=3 in spectre.

In ADE (or ADEXL) there should be a menu "Variables" => Edit. Give the variable name as sigma and value as 3.

thanks for reply...
To do mismatch analysis which one i have to use it means whether ADE L or ADEXL
could u give detailedsteps to do mismatch analysis in ADE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back