Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question of Image Theory with electric and magnetic conductors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan0354

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a few question in the Image Theory with electric and magnetic conductor plane. The drawing below is from Advanced EM theory by Balanis p 318. The top drawing are vertical and horizontal electric and magnetic sources on top of an electric conductor plane where σ=∞. The bottom drawing are vertical and horizontal electric and magnetic sources on top of a magnetic conductor plane.

**broken link removed**

My questions are:

1) Using the case with electric conductor plane as the top drawing. Say the plane is copper that is electrically conductive by not a magnetic conductor. I fully agree with the drawing of the electric sources. But if the plane is not even magnetic conductor, why is there even image for the magnetic sources? Is this because it is assume time varying and the image magnetic source is accompanying the image electric source ( as they cannot be separated)?

2) A lot of magnetic conducting materials are also electric conducting material( eg. Carbon steel with high μ). So if you have that as the plane, you have a situation that the plane is both electric and magnetic conducting. How are the images going to look like? Confusion is because the direction is opposite in both case and they cannot be summed together. They cancel!!!

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back