Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Water flow or presence detection inside pipeline

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajaram04

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello sir

I want to design a circuit to detect presence of water flow inside a pipe line as we are not able to see if the water is passing inside it or not

Actual issue we have is :- a pump is there to drain much water for a roof tank at the time of water supply in our area but if there is no supply then accidently it may happen the pump may burn off in absence of water . .

please help

Wouldn't it be easier to just monitor the tank level?
You could do that with almost any basic sensor - electronic or even mechanical.

Raja: you should improve your expressions in English to make it clearer.
Perhaps this is the same situation ----> https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=81545

In other words; take note of the pump current when there is water and when there is not. Takes an amperimeter and nothing else. If current is low after a couple of seconds; shut off the pump, as there is no water supply.

Raja: you should improve your expressions in English to make it clearer.
Perhaps this is the same situation ----> https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=81545

In other words; take note of the pump current when there is water and when there is not. Takes an amperimeter and nothing else. If current is low after a couple of seconds; shut off the pump, as there is no water supply.

sir all i ve writtern is clear please read again its not a switch like structure , i made so many circuits relating & this type of discussions are tyoo old we know all

please read again i want to sence water from outside pipe without using a swtich cause we don't have rights to make holes etc in colony pipeline so i ve to amke a sensor which can sence the flow or presence of water inside a pipe line

too we don't have such pump what you have explained ... so i ve to make sensor for water presence inside pipe line from outside to make alarms for the pump protection . . please plase plase help thanks a lot for all your info :grin:

sir all i ve writtern is clear...
Really ?

...we know all...
Am not sure about that... Do you understand an ampermeter at the pump motor to recognize the difference in current when water is present or not ?

...we don't have such pump...
...for the pump protection...
Do you want to protect the pump that you do not have ?

Before I quit this discussion; slightly open a faucet in that questioned pipe. If water flows, drops falling on a sensor will tell presence; then enable signalling for the pump you do not have.

This has to be another suctioning-from-watermains scheme of the third world, right ?

Wouldn't it be easier to just monitor the tank level?
You could do that with almost any basic sensor - electronic or even mechanical.

Actually sir water tank is at very higher level & it is inconvinient to keep a watch & we are not drawing water from under ground level , actually we are drawing water from water supply pipeline of colony which is under govt. here

What we have issue here is , water force is not very much good & too supply time period is limited & the tank is at very much height (as i told earlier)

And suppose a case where
water pump is drawing water & tank is half empty & suddenly water supply stopped then what . . . ?

- - - Updated - - -

Really ?

Am not sure about that... Do you understand an ampermeter at the pump motor to recognize the difference in current when water is present or not ?

Do you want to protect the pump that you do not have ?

Before I quit this discussion; slightly open a faucet in that questioned pipe. If water flows, drops falling on a sensor will tell presence; then enable signalling for the pump you do not have.

This has to be another suctioning-from-watermains scheme of the third world, right ?

sir see the post #2 (123 jack) . . no questions no issue just he gave the amswer

& too i replied him , please refer that reply , hope it ll clear all your doubt . . i hope so :grin:

Actually sir water tank is at very higher level & it is inconvinient to keep a watch & we are not drawing water from under ground level , actually we are drawing water from water supply pipeline of colony which is under govt. here

Sorry I'm confused now.

Are you saying you want to modify a government water supply and you don't have permission to modify the system
so you want to have control over the water flow without it? It seems to me the motor control
will have been installed with the system so burning it out is not an issue. Turning your tap off and on will not damage
a correctly installed system.

This sounds like something I'm not prepared to help with without a good deal more explanation sorry.

RajaRam you can use small tank with water near water pump. In that tank you will have floating switch for that purpose, in case that there is no water switch automaticlly turn off water pump.

Water-Pump-Float-Switch-FPS-1-.jpg

800px-Float_switch_off.jpg

Solution1: Consider Any Water Pump. During Load condition means during Water Flow the current is say x amp while empty or dry run condition y amp. This value is normally fixed means only 10-20% vary by edging condition. So u measure current compare this value & change pump on-off condition.

Solution2: Consider simple flow sensor (using level sensor). If we Insert a sensor at outlet of pipe then u can sense flow & make pump on-off.

Above protection system available in India as Industrial Product for Pump Protection System.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back