Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can not simulate three phase inverter in Proteus

Status
Not open for further replies.

daibangtrang2003

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi Guys !
I have designed THREE Phase inverter using 6 mosfet and 3 IR2112 with Atmega64 for generating PWM
Problem is that PWM from my Microcontroller can not control three IR2112 ( IR2112 did not generate output at HO and LO pin.
I think my idea and algorithm is ok but Proteus did not give a result ( Proteus give a message list-Time step too small, trouble with node....)
Can someone explain me why ?? I also increased time step but this did not helped.
And pls explain WHAT IS FLOATING WIRES in Proteus ! Thanks for ur help !!!
Post here also my design with HEX file.

Attachments

• Debug.rar
    32.7 KB · Views: 146

Don't know exactly what is the problem why the error is caused. It happened also to me when i tried to run the simulation. Just somethings I noticed from your circuit:

The VDD pin of the IR2112 is connected to +5V to proteus. So the inputs to the Hin and Lin of the IR2112 should not exceed 5V. The atmega64 looks like it can suport three phase motor capability so you can connect the output of the microcontroller directly to the IR2112.

I also don't get why you are using that 1Kohm in parallel with the 1N4740A which is a 10V zener. Is it to ensure that the high side and low side transistors don't switch on at the same time?

Thanks for ur reply jmsattard !
Here some answer from me !!
-VDD pin is the logic supply, default it is 5V and this value is not AFFECT to Vho and Vlo; Vho vary from VS to VB, and Vlo vary from 0-VCC
-For recommended from IR - value of VLI and VHI is 15V
-The 1kOhm is need for quick transient at high speed PWM
-Diode Zener is need for generating constant voltage about 16V between Gate and Source of Mosfet, that make Mosfet more functionality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back