Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELP: proteus simulation error

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawaak

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
nothing to simulate proteus

Hi,
i tried to simulate the "Hello Embedded World" example given in "Embedded C" book, the code works fine in KEIL but when i tried to simulate it in PROTEUS, i got some AMAZING errors :)

the error i got is

"ERROR: [U1] Must specify file extension (HEX, OMF or D03) for PROGRAM
property.
Warning: [U1] No program code loaded.
[DSIM] BOOT Error.
Real Time Simulation failed to start

Real Time Simulation FAILED."

but when i write the same code(infact i copy/paste it) with different file name (hello version 2), the simulation runs perfectly in proteus :(

initially both versions are in "c:\ " directory, with version 2 running and version 1 NOT running. when i put them in "c:\ version 2"
and "c:\ version 1" respectivly, BOTH codes are not running :sm10:

WHAT IS HAPPENING???
i have attached the codes and proteus design.
i use proteus version 6.2 SP5.

thanks
sawaak

proteus error

Hi

Right click then left click U1 and verify you have the correct path to the file (HEX).
I am not sure I fully understand you, I cannot find anything wrong in your file. I haven't run it but seems you have the path. You can run ver 2 but not 1??
You must have the path correctly set to the compilers too, Source DEfine...

Cl

proteus no program code loaded

Copy file HEW.HEX to same folder than file "Hello Embedded Word.DSN". Then right click and then left click U1 and verify you have the new correct path to the file (HEX).

Regards

simulation errors in proteus

Cluricaun said:
Hi

Right click then left click U1 and verify you have the correct path to the file (HEX).

Cl

Hi,
yes i have the correct path to the HEX file.

Cluricaun said:
Hi

You can run ver 2 but not 1??

Cl

yes i can, when i give the HEX file path to "C:/HEW.hex", it is running, but when i put the same HEX file in " .. ver 2/HEW.hex"(as of attached files), the file is not running. also "Hello Embedded World.hex" is not running whether in C:/ directory or in ver 1 directory. both files have the same source code :(

Cluricaun said:
Hi

You must have the path correctly set to the compilers too, Source DEfine...

Cl

i go to source define.. and checked that my code generation tool is set to ASEM51. is it correct?? i dont know much abt it. but it seems it is correct too else i willnot be able to simulate the file at least once.

thanks
sawaak

Added after 8 minutes:

svicent said:
Copy file HEW.HEX to same folder than file "Hello Embedded Word.DSN". Then right click and then left click U1 and verify you have the new correct path to the file (HEX).

Regards

Hi,
i done this and the simulation runs, but when i put the file Hello Embedded World.hex in the same folder, this gives error :( why?? both hex files have the SAME source code.

thanks
sawaak

Added after 44 minutes:

Hi,
thanks for helping me guys, at last the problem solves :)
there is nothing wrong with long paths, it is the SPACE that causes problems.
when simulating in proteus, beware" There should be NO space in the path to .hex file, including the file name " else u will enjoy some mysterious problems :)

thanks
sawaak

help proteus

try to simulate with checkin attach hierarchy module option from edit component panel.

proteus simulation error

first design ur hardware and save in ur hello folder where u create asm code. same folder. then u may right click at89c51 microcontrller , locate hex file. u must save hex file with *.hex format.

proteus program file name has no extension

I move your "hew.hex" file from "Hello version 2" directory to the directory which the proteus design in. And I changed the way in microcontroller in Proteus. Then I try to play and it works.

You should be carreful about directory name that use with proteus. It must have names that haven't any space characters. Actually that is a must for the file way that use for Proteus simulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back