Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microcontroller based smps inverter design

Status
Not open for further replies.

--BawA--

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I m working on smps based inverter. I hve successfully made 311vdc from 12vdc supply. yesterday i made a full bridge circuit that was controlled by pic16f877a in order to get pure sine wave .when I connected my 310vdc bus to full bridge my whole circuit blown out...so I want to know where was the problem? I was using 10uf capacitor in bootstrap circuitry..my dc dc converting stage is also not working now ..I hve used tc427 mosfet driver in dc dc stage .and now that tc427 gets very hot. I m very confused now because this was my 4th circuit of full bridge nd 13th circuit of dc dc stage .plz help me .
What is the safe way of checking full bridge circuit?

are you setting some deadtime when switching your transistors of your full bridge? You have to make sure that when switching the transistors in one leg you have some delay between turning off the high side transistor and on the low side transistor and vice versa. If this isn't done you will have shootrough current and burn all your transistors. You cannot do this with the micro-controller so it has to be done in hardware.

Can you please post a schematic of your full bridge circuit? The components have to be rated for that voltage.

Why you need controller there and i think the power supply may be very high.controller will operate in 5vdc supply .

Status
Not open for further replies.