Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless link between organ/piano keyboard & Tesla coil driver circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

boylesg

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
If my DIY piano/organ keyboard was to output audio then would a simple FM transmitter on the piano keyboard and a simple FM receiver on the tesla driver circuit, whose output feeds into pin 5 of a 555, be a reasonable way to achieve such a wireless link?

did you mean this link to modulate the tesla driver?

did you mean this link to modulate the tesla driver?

I was intending to take the audio output of the organ thingy and plug it into pin 5 (CTRL) of the 555 that controls the tesla driver circuit.

In the same way that you can plug the audio out of an ipod into it.

But I am trying to come up with a way of doing this that doesn't require a wire connection.....for convenience.

I think you will use the 555 as Pulse Width Modulator and put modulation into pin 5 of the 555,
and yes you could do it with small fm tx/rx or maybe infra red or any analog transmitter from any audio source..just have to couple pin 5 and some level adjustment

If the Tesla coil should spark by audio signal, why not use a simple VOX? This is a Voice-Operated Switch, operates wirelessly, and in the audio amplifier after the microphone you can add a filter for a selected tone, so the Tesla coil will not spark at ANY sound but only one you send from your speaker.

You can also use a laser pointer as transmitter, and a photodiode switch for the same purpose. Best if you add a small mirror from a flashlight to the photodiode, so it will only respond to your command.

Status
Not open for further replies.