Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MPASM for MPLABX is more than just an assembler. Much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

techristian

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
MPASM for MPLABX is more than just an assembler. Much more.

I wanted to find a BRANCH ON ZERO command for the PIC16F1784 but it wasn't listed in the PIC16F1784 datasheets. In fact it doesn't exist for that micro. It is not one of the 49 instructions. So I looked up some PIC18X datasheets and found the BZ command. So I thought I would try it. Sure enough it worked. The assembler actually created the code listed below AND when the program ran, it ran just exactly like I expected it would. Assemblers I have worked with in the distant past such as 6502 or Z80 assemblers, worked ONLY with the commands directly and didn't do this kind of "interpretation", but I'm glad that MICROCHIP has.

Code:
0010  1903     [b]BTFSC STATUS, 0x2[/b]                  43:        BZ HIdisplay

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back