Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem in Synplify pro (Project Navigator )

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAAASD

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello all,
when i try to open the project navigator in synplify pro from (options>>Xilinx>>Start ISE Project Navigator)
i get that silly error
"Environment variable XILINX is not set. Have you properly installed ISE Project Navigator?"
can you help me?
Thanks in advance!

How about ... configure your XILINX env variable properly. I assume you know how to set up an env variable?

no i don't
please tell me how?
i've just installed synplify pro ONLY

Well, you google for a page with pretty pictures on the general procedure so I don't have to type it out because someone else already took the time and I am lazy and my coffee is getting cold but I know how difficult googling can be sometimes so here let me just google that for you one sec plz there we go first hit does the job: https://www.itechtalk.com/thread3595.html

Other than that of course you have read the docs on how to setup ISE for syplify? Right? Of course you have, you seem like the kind of fellow who reads the installation manual. Well, it's settled then! The docs tell you WHICH env vars are required and the above link tells you HOW to do it. Problem solved before my coffee is getting cold.

can you tell me how?

sure I can. what google terms have you tried yet that failed to turn up the information? I'll give you some suggestions on how to improve the google query so the next time you can help yourself.

It would be great
thank you

Selective reading? What google terms have you tried yet that failed to turn up the information? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back