Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCI clock, Bank 1, Bank 3, Bank 4 on Cyclone II ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bianchi77

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Guys,

I saw on pin assignment for EP2C8Q208, there're CLK4,CLK5,CLK6,CLK7,
which one of them is connected to PCI CLK ( pin B16 on 32 Bit Standard PCI Connector ) and clock from oscillator ?
what's the speed of that PCI CLK ? is it 33 Mhz ? How to set 33Mhz on my constraint input (Timequest timing analyzer) ?

cyclone clock.jpg

PCI CLK3.jpg

PCI CLK2.jpg

PCI CLK1.jpg

Any info or links will be appreciated,
Thanks

Last edited:

What PCI CLK? We are supposed to guess the board too now? The average EP2C8Q208 you buy from your supplier has nothing to do with PCI CLKs. So you could provide some more context. Or are we supposed to real all the other PCI threads as well for the hidden information?

If you are making a board, then you can pick any of those CLKs. If it is a ready made board that you just forgot to mention ... pinouts should be in a schematic provided with the board.

- - - Updated - - -

CLK_WTF_6 is the oscillator input (100 MHz). CLK_UBLIND_7 is presumably the PCI clock output. So that solves that mystery.

What PCI CLK? We are supposed to guess the board too now? The average EP2C8Q208 you buy from your supplier has nothing to do with PCI CLKs. So you could provide some more context. Or are we supposed to real all the other PCI threads as well for the hidden information?

If you are making a board, then you can pick any of those CLKs. If it is a ready made board that you just forgot to mention ... pinouts should be in a schematic provided with the board.

- - - Updated - - -

CLK_WTF_6 is the oscillator input (100 MHz). CLK_UBLIND_7 is presumably the PCI clock output. So that solves that mystery.

do you mean that I connect any CLK that I need to use on EP2C8Q208 with PCI CLK from the connector on the motherboard ?

- - - Updated - - -

as you can see LPCI_CLK_R is connected to PCI CLK, so I will use 33Mhz for my clock, and how about the BANK 1,BANK3 and BANK 4 clocks, are they using LPCI_CLK as well or taking the clock from oscillator ? 50Mhz external oscillator ?

Thanks

No that is not what I meant. Try to keep track of stuff when you edit your own post inbetween. My first part was in reply to your original post lacking any detail whatsoever. My second part of the reply was AFTER you posted some details.

But since reading is sometimes a challenge, let me try be more clear. The following is incorporating all the information you have graced us with in this thread:

CLK_WTF_6 is the oscillator input (100 MHz). CLK_UBLIND_7 is presumably the PCI clock output.

CLK_WTF_6 is the oscillator input (100 MHz). CLK_UBLIND_7 is presumably the PCI clock output.

- - - Updated - - -

50 MHz != 100 MHz perhaps? Anyways, I give up. I can only hope electronics is a hobby pursuit for you. :)

No that is not what I meant. Try to keep track of stuff when you edit your own post inbetween. My first part was in reply to your original post lacking any detail whatsoever. My second part of the reply was AFTER you posted some details.

But since reading is sometimes a challenge, let me try be more clear. The following is incorporating all the information you have graced us with in this thread:

- - - Updated - - -

50 MHz != 100 MHz perhaps? Anyways, I give up. I can only hope electronics is a hobby pursuit for you. :)
Yes it's a hobby and for fun, if you don't understand the question, don't answer....make me confusing more....hehehe
cool down....:)
I got the answer already, I need only PCI CLK ....

Thanks anyway for trying to figure out....even you missed my point....that's allright, we're all learning here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back