Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MSI 945GCM motherboard problem pls help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter_england

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am facing problem with MSI 945 motherboard the problem is When starting m/b there is no display on monitor but i can toggle numlock on keyboard for 3 to 4 seconds after that it hangs no display at all . what is the problem with that i have checked by replacing known good ram and processor and smps . pls tell how to troubleshoot the issue. thanks.

Hi, kamal but keyboard also hangs I can't checked with pci card. And keyboard num lock stops working.

- - - Updated - - -

Also the debug card shows me error code 02 04 .

Sounds like problem with bios, it may be corrupted, do this, remove the 3vdc button cell battery and leave it out for few minutes, there may be jumper to clear cmos, use it if you know how, other wise leave the battery out for few minutes and than install it back, this will clear date, time etc. and also will clear corrupted tables and other things in cmos, this might just work and after that if you do get the bios menu reset it and it should take the default parameters and detect everything you have. Try this and than post the result, so we can go further.

Hi, kamal but keyboard also hangs I can't checked with pci card. And keyboard num lock stops working.

- - - Updated - - -

Also the debug card shows me error code 02 04 .

Status
Not open for further replies.