Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Beginner Question of the Electronic Chip

Status
Not open for further replies.
yup u will require a PIC programmer to read the program in the microcontroller....BUT that will be in hex format...and it would be very troublesome if you want to decode and understand its algorithm !!

also PIC microcontrollers have a security feature, that they can't be read when code protection has been set by the programmer.
**broken link removed**

So, I need a microcontroller to write a program to the electronic chip?

Where I can buy an electronic chip that I can program it by myself?

At any decent electronics shop or on the Internet, you will also need a programmer. This supplies the chip with the correct voltages to burn your program into it. You also need some sort of simulator so you can write your code on a PC and run it on the PC to check that it is working correctly before burning a chip.
Can you write code? If not that the first place to start is to learn some programming language, it will get you use to organising your thought properly. There is enough PIC lessons out on the Internet for free. They will also give you a clue about what size PIC you might want.
Frank

At any decent electronics shop or on the Internet, you will also need a programmer. This supplies the chip with the correct voltages to burn your program into it. You also need some sort of simulator so you can write your code on a PC and run it on the PC to check that it is working correctly before burning a chip.
Can you write code? If not that the first place to start is to learn some programming language, it will get you use to organising your thought properly. There is enough PIC lessons out on the Internet for free. They will also give you a clue about what size PIC you might want.
Frank

Any?

Too bad, I don't know even one.

Show me the online store.

The electronic chips are available in different size?

Most of them are rectangle in size of width X length.

Which one I should buy?

Larger or smaller?

More importantly, there are different types of chip e.g. opamp, timer, microcontroller and many others. The picture you showed is a microcontroller.

Which one I should buy?

Larger or smaller?
Since you are a complete beginner, I suggest you don't buy any microcontroller until you understand how they work and how to use them. It would be better to start with simpler projects.

Which one I should buy?

Larger or smaller?

Buy 200g from each. :)

Before you start buying try to take one specific project, and buy parts needed for that project, including specific µC.

Smaller uC allow you to make smaller devices, but require more skills. Also you need adequate programmer for µC which you plan to use.

For start I seuggest reading some books and tutorials about µCs.

Have some in-depth knowledge about the chips and circuits first before going for designing. Go for some good text books and use the internet.This is very much novice.

More importantly, there are different types of chip e.g. opamp, timer, microcontroller and many others. The picture you showed is a microcontroller.

I wonder how do you know that the electronic chip I showed its image is a microcontroller chip?

What is the difference among the opamp, timer, and microcontroller chip?

Since you are a complete beginner, I suggest you don't buy any microcontroller until you understand how they work and how to use them. It would be better to start with simpler projects.

You suggest me not to buy any microcontroller until I understand how they work but you suggest me to start a simpler project.

This is confusing because I am the one that not understand should start a simpler project without a knowledge.

I wonder how do you know that the electronic chip I showed its image is a microcontroller chip?
The part number printed on it starts with "PIC16", so it is a PIC microcontroller.

What is the difference among the opamp, timer, and microcontroller chip?
An opamp is an amplifier. It can be used to make a weak signal stronger. A timer can be used to switch something on (or off) after a fixed amount of time. A microcontroller is a small computer. Ir can be used for many purposes.

This is confusing because I am the one that not understand should start a simpler project without a knowledge.
I meant that it is better to learn about simple things first, then learn about more complicated things later.

Using microcontrollers is complicated and difficult. It is not a good thing for a beginner to start with.

I meant that it is better to learn about simple things first, then learn about more complicated things later.

Using microcontrollers is complicated and difficult. It is not a good thing for a beginner to start with.

So, what the good simple thing for a beginner to start with is to learn microcontroller?

spinyelectronic, you seem determined to jump into the deep end of the pool, before you have learned to swim. You have been given good advice earlier in this thread, and in others. You have asked some very complicated things that, even if we give you plans to follow, you will be very unlikely to succeed with them. We can help you with your projects, but only if they are realistic and you have actually tried doing them and have some basic knowledge to understand what we are telling you.

You need to start lower down, as people have suggested to you. Buy some books as I have already suggested, or read some websites as suggested in this thread, and build some simple projects from them.

Your response here:

Which one I should buy?

Larger or smaller?

shows that you really need to start with the basics, and even makes me wonder if you are just trolling us.

P.s. Please do not PM me with questions that I have already answered for you.

What other microcontroller beside PIC?

- - - Updated - - -

These chips looks different in shape.

One is square and another is rectangle.

What makes they are different in shape and why?

Which one is used in the high-definition handycam/camcorder such as Sony's camcorder electronic part?

Attachments

• chips.PNG
    chips.PNG
    201.1 KB · Views: 69

Status
Not open for further replies.