Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital pressure gauge

Status
Not open for further replies.

fjpompeo

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I need a voltimeter to read a 0-150BAR or 0-250BAR to 0-10Vcc pressure sensor. Was thinking to use an AVR or PIC 0-10V digital Voltmeter with expanded end of scale, lets say 0V is 0BAR and 10V is 150BAR or 250BAR, I mean, when the microprocessor reads 10V instead of display 10 it will display 150 or 250 adjustable with a single pole two positions switch.

I can write code for it. You cannot give 10V input to microcontroller. If your sensor gives 0 to 10V then you have to scale down it to 0 to 5V and give it to adc input pin. Is your sensor output linear? Post the datasheet of sensor and I will write the code.

Dear Yesterday, 18:38 #1 fjpompeo
View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message View Blog Entries View Articles Give Away Points

Full Member level 6

Achievements:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Helped:0 / 0
Level:13Digital pressure gauge
Hi all,

I need a voltimeter to read a 0-150BAR or 0-250BAR to 0-10Vcc pressure sensor. Was thinking to use an AVR or PIC 0-10V digital Voltmeter with expanded end of scale, lets say 0V is 0BAR and 10V is 150BAR or 250BAR, I mean, when the microprocessor reads 10V instead of display 10 it will display 150 or 250 adjustable with a single pole two positions switch. Edit Post Reply Reply With Quote Multi-Quote Msg Report Post View Profile Private Message .
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear jayanth.devarayanadurga,

Very thank you for your prompt reply, the datasheet is in portuguese but important thinks to concider in the design is 0Bar=0V and 250Bar=10Vcc (or 5Vcc after resistor divider), 24Vcc power source, just one decimal case. I can use a resistor divider with no problem since need at least 2k of load according to the datasheet. If possible use a two line LCD display compatible with HD44780U. The power supply will be a 12V to 24V doubler with LM2575 and three Li-Po cells. Please make comments that you consider important to learn programming with AVR or PIC as per your choose.
Best regards,
Fernando J. Pompeo - BRAZIL

I will do it with PIC16F887 and INTRCOSC 1 MHz and mikroC Compiler. I need to know few things. What pressure sensor are you using? Link for it? Is it a linear device?

See if this code works.

Attachments

• pr.rar
    84 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

I apologise, the sensor I'm using is a DANFOSS MBS1250.

Ok. Datasheet doesn't tell much. I think it is a linear device. Connect it so/p to adc input pin (0 - 5V) and see if it gives correct values.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back