Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Adding excitation for planar antenna in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
excitation assignment

Hi,

I am fresh in HFSS, I would like to add excitation for planar antenna. However, I found so many error and warnings. My questions are
1. Which one I should use: Lumped port or wave port
2. For lumper port, I assigned rectangular surface to be touched with antenna feed point, error is "Cannot solve "LumpPort1" with anisotropic material and lossy material on the same port"
3. Then, i am using one face of antenna feed as a lumped port, the error is "LumpPort1" is incorrectly set up. A gap source will be short circuited by conductors".

Could any give me some idea on this? I would like to assign 50ohm excitation port to my planar antenna design, any idea or example about this.

Best Regards,
Le^.^

Re: excitation assignment

You can find some examples on the web and follow them.

Re: excitation assignment

Hello :

you should determine first , what kind of feeding line you want to use . if you use wave port for your feeding port it is enough for you only specifing the input gate of the wave but if you use lumped port you should define some more parameter .
for more detail you can accsess some visual example by right clicking on the bottom part of the general enviroment of HFSS 8.0 from it's help menu.

good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back