Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Repeat a component in netlist and making an array-like component

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranjandish

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Repeat a component in netlist and making an array-like component (H-SPICE)

Dear all,
I want to repeat a RC component and attach them together to make a larger component. As a matter of fact, I want to simulate a transmission line. I know that there is a tline component in hspice,but I want to build it myself with R and C components. How can I repeat RC component in large number?

Use a subcircuit with your RLC in it. Then use maybe 10 of those to create another subcircuit. Using nested subcircuits in that way you will easily be able to use hundreds of the original RLC network with a few subcircuit statements.

Keith

Use a subcircuit with your RLC in it. Then use maybe 10 of those to create another subcircuit. Using nested subcircuits in that way you will easily be able to use hundreds of the original RLC network with a few subcircuit statements.

Keith

Thanks Keith,
I know that, but I want more easy way. An easy way to make an array with thousands of RC component.

It is a pretty easy method - I have used it for sub-circuits with 10,000 or more devices.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back