Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TMS320C6748 -standalone face recognition & hand gesture recognition based controlling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joseph_T

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
TMS320C6748 -standalone face recognition & hand gesture recognition based controlling

Guys, I need help to verify whether the TMS320C6748 will be suitable for a standalone face recognition and hand gesture recognition based controlling (For TV remote control based on hand gesture) project (College project). My budget is maximum of 250$ (India-12500 Rs).
can you please help me on the feasibility of this project with TMS320C6748?

Re: TMS320C6748 -standalone face recognition & hand gesture recognition based control

this link can be helpful....for codes

https://matlabnstuff.blogspot.in/2013/08/gesture-recognition-using-neural.html

Well for any recognition system there are some simple common states what we also followed here they are:

1. First you have to have data set.Which you have to prepare or download from any website according to your demand.Like you want to want to recognize an alphabet 'O'.Then you have to provide particular data set for 'O'.

Okey this is only one picture but I recommend at least 5 pictures you have to give to recognize a gesture.

2. Now give matlab access to the data sets providing particular path of the folder on your system,it is better to make different folder for different alphabet sample.

3. Now you have to train the network.I will show you how to do it in later part.It is the most important part,here you are making your network understand that " ANY IMAGE LIKE-THIS IS ALPHABET 'O' "

4.Here you need to provide an algorithm that will set such a threshold value that will decide whether the test image is 'O' or NOT.

5.Now you need some more sample of 'O' to test the network whether it is coming fine.

6.Well that is it. I will give you the sample code in my next post so that it will be easy for you to implement.

this link can be helpful....for codes

https://matlabnstuff.blogspot.in/2013/08/gesture-recognition-using-neural.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back