Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Idea Transmission line in ADS: single ended, why ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maktoomi

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
Just started learning RFCD (and I will be doing PhD in this area, too !).
Books say that Transmission-line is a conductor pair. And this confuses me alot when I see
a single ended idea transmission line (TLIN) in agilent ADS. Kindly help me understand why and how they differ?
Thanks.

TL_books.png TLIN_ads.png

Search this question :Differential versus Single ended..
There are advantages by using differential circuits.You'll find the answers..

Hi,
Just started learning RFCD (and I will be doing PhD in this area, too !).
Books say that Transmission-line is a conductor pair. And this confuses me alot when I see
a single ended idea transmission line (TLIN) in agilent ADS. Kindly help me understand why and how they differ?
Thanks.

View attachment 88649 View attachment 88650

The model includes already the return path, it is an ideal ground connection! It is also possible to use circuit elements in ADS with return path! Consider the help function of ADS.

When you use Strip lines / TL you will have to put the substrate information on the MSUB. This defines an
assumed return path on the ground plane.
Just go make a 1Lamda Zo TL in the schematic then send it to Momentum(Layout) and see how they
defined that circuit/PCB. This should help.

Thanks All, especially to JohnJoe. Now, I undertand the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back