Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

0.18um SRAM transistor read current and transistor size

Status
Not open for further replies.

john7796

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,

I need the following information with 0.18um process.

1. SRAM transistor size. (the output one)
2. SRAM transistor read current. (the output one)

Please help me.

John

I am not sure what do you want to know... as it will depend on foundry which is taping out. Read current also depends on the Vt of the devices. Usually foundary provides low leakage bitcell , high performance bitcell...etc also things change when you 8 transistor bitcell for SRAM rather than 6-T cell.

Dear Artmalik,

I just need a reference value. so the data of any one of foundry is OK. And it should be general case (6-T cell).
Because I need to know the transistor size and this has relationship with transistor current.

pass_gate : w=220n
nmos = 400n
pmos =200n
All channel length=200n
Iread = sub_100 uA

pass_gate : w=220n
nmos = 400n
pmos =200n
All channel length=200n
Iread = sub_100 uA

Dear Artmalik,

What is sub_100 uA??? sub??

John

Last edited:

hi
i have tried to implement 6t SRAM using tanner tool. But output i am getting it, i havnt calculated any values of any trasistor.
I want help for
1) what function does precharge ckt do?
2) How sense amplifier senses and its functionality
please do tell theoretically first.

Is it possible to implement a single 6T SRAM to see wave form of read and write operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back