Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mosfet driver for pwm controlled h bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmta

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am making an H bridge for a supply voltage range of 12V to 24V and a max current of 4A. The motor speed will be controlled by a pwm signal (>10kHz) provided by a PIC microcontroller.

I noticed that for driving the gate people use gate drivers (because the gate has some capacitance and it needing more than 5V to fully switch on).

I searched on the internet and came across “boot strap” circuits and so on but did not understand how they operated. Can I use something like a comparator to do this or can someone please provide me with a suitable gate driving circuit.

Regards

If you are making a h bridge circuit, I think you should go for a Hi side and Lo side driver circuit. You can use IR2110, IR2010 for the purpose and they are easily available. Just go for its datasheet on the net. But the max current is 3A.

Btw you can use comparators

Status
Not open for further replies.