Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Automatic Routing in Altium designer

Status
Not open for further replies.

toleen

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
What are the basic steps for routing 8 layers board in altium designer ?

I would seriously avoid using the Altium autorouter except for basic IC breakouts. It's a very inefficient autorouter, and if you log on to the Altium forums, the official forums on Altium Live, you will see users have been complaining about the autorouter for years but Altium has not done anything to improve or fix. Try the sample exercise in their outdated training and you'll see what I mean. It routes very ugly and places large amount of vias. It would probably be a big exercise in frustration for an 8 layer board. The Altium autorouter is nothing like the one in PADS or OrCad/Allegro -- those ones work fine, but the Altium autorouter needs to be ripped up and remade from scratch. That's my opinion anyway. Maybe others will have more positive results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back