Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Custom Embedded Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

arunragavan

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is it possible to design a embedded VLIW processor...

cud anyone help me with the detailed steps involved.. the problems which one might encounter... etc etc.. atleast from the basics..

with regards,

VLIW is a PARALLEL computer architecture .It requires a lot of simulation IN THE AREA where you will apply it ..You need to know the ALGORITHMS that you want to speed up ,..Is not like an EMBEDDED chips with VLIW sounds COOL !so i will code WHATEVER! .DATA SEARCH by BRUTE FORCE is a good AREA .. but NEVER EMBEDDED .. unless is some NEURONAL embedded . ..Which is yet to be DEFINED!
If you decide to do something in here ..is better to TACKLE algorithms in simulation and locate loop rolling and CONVERSIONS to loop UNFOLDING to see where is the parallizing POSIBILITIES .. is a field that has been extensively studied
in VECTOR MACHINES .. and now applied to DSP with multiple execution UNITS ..

I ALMOST FORGOT the most important ATTRIBUTE for those machines ..
Is the DATA MODEL .. the data has to be INDEPENDANT or loose .. if to calculate a result r(n) you need r(n-1) one cyle earlier ,well it won't work

This is big project including hardware design, compiler design, debug tool design.etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back