Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A reader for many microsd cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artlav

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Have anyone heard of, or seen a card reader for multiple sd/microsd cards?
Something that you plug into, i.e., USB port, plug 10-20 microsd cards into it, and they are all available at once?
Kind of a HDD rack, only for memory cards.

The big idea i was contemplating is to get a box of now-dirt-cheap 1-2 gb microsd cards, and use one card per project, to keep things organized and small-grain portable.
The idea proved unfeasible due to the amount of swapping necessary, but if there is in existence a device like i described - something that allows to plug dozens of cards into one computer at once - then it might just be feasible.

Well, generally you can use adapters for this end. I don't think that's worth using too many card readers to speed up the job. The best bet today is to use a HD internal or external and tranfer your files to them. If you want to organize your projects for example, you could use partitioned HD. Due to the size of the cards, would be easy to lose them in the process....this is my humble opinion :)

there are that product you said. you can plug in some sdcard with various storage and make a larger mass storage. but you should consider that in this case speed is not high.

Status
Not open for further replies.