Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how the china made handhold light items run on coin or on even button cells ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Rajaram, its ok,

That chip is just controller for effects such as chasing leds, blinking, ....

Voltage is 3x 1,5V which give us 4,5V when batteries are new.

Chinese leds in this cheap chinese toys, have poor quality and thise leds have less brighnest in mcd, they compensate this with dispersion through transparent plastic as lens. Often in chinese toys have leds usend in overcurrent mode, led rated for 25mA is powered with 35mA, or led for max 3,4V works at 4,5V and you have very strong effect of power, but led will not last long.

Maybe thise batteries can give power for this leds one night maybe two, you can measure current with ampermeter, put instrument in 200mA/2000mA mode and measure current in various modes of device.

That chip is low cost chip without case, only chip core with epoxy.

Ok so its a Chip-on-board type of IC...I mistook it for something else and would not have recognised it until tpetar mentioned "epoxy". COB is not that reducing cost for small circuits, however with a few exceptions you will only see it on mass-produced products like these.

Ok so its a Chip-on-board type of IC...I mistook it for something else and would not have recognised it until tpetar mentioned "epoxy". COB is not that reducing cost for small circuits, however with a few exceptions you will only see it on mass-produced products like these.

In this way beleive me they make like this to lower price of product. Often you can see standard ICs cloned by chinese and use on thise way.

Of course cost is not only reason way IC is used on this way, but that dont apply to this. :smile:

:wink:

hehehe ;-) no frnd its not like that , these are not buttons all are button cell & a white round part u r able to see is the chip & a micro switch is back side the board with the head poped out to the either side of the pink handle as u can see it in one of the picture . . .have look once again

the battery

battery set.jpg

the chip

the chip on board.jpg

the chip & battery working

battery & chip working.jpg

the outer packed loop with the button its handle

pattern 01.jpg

too i hv used lage LEDs & they are working all the way & i guess small LEDs are here for saving money & space & for long battery life may be i am not sure

one more picture here for the visiblity of micro switch head here , watch out the handle below

Image0567.jpg

Dear rajaram04
Oh man, come on, I know these are button cells (I can differentiate between a button cell and a button :lol: ) just follow the previous posts dear

o o o tpetar sir strange it is . . . so how they make clones ? i mean is there any method of desigining the circuitry so as to make it functioning like that , is it possible for us to make it in home ?

- - - Updated - - -

hehe ya ya you are asking about chip na dats y i hv posted all the parts separatly . . . a mountain is better than sanjivani booti :p :grin: :lol:

o o o tpetar sir strange it is . . . so how they make clones ? i mean is there any method of desigining the circuitry so as to make it functioning like that , is it possible for us to make it in home ?

That is chinese production magic. Almost all what we have in markets is maded in China, and almost all is handmaded without big robots helping and other automatic process manufacturing, except production of chips.

How chip is cloned is separated topic, I can give you some material about that. For this sport you need hitech lab with very nice equipment.

Your device can be maded at home but with standard chips/uC and dont expect price as price of chinese product.

The chip is the white blob on the left and right photos. Usually a Chip-On-Board is a black blob.
Three battery cells produce 4.5V which is plenty to light any color of LED so a Joule Thief and its inductor to boost the voltage are not needed.

The chip is the white blob on the left and right photos. Usually a Chip-On-Board is a black blob.
Three battery cells produce 4.5V which is plenty to light any color of LED so a Joule Thief and its inductor to boost the voltage are not needed.

That's what made me confuse... white instead of black epoxy. Anyways its serving the same purpose as a COB does.

hmm ya audioguru sir its all ok what u r saying but its not having any inductor part & 4.5 v is enough for LEDs
But how the circuitry is working on such low power parameters ? thats the issue here . . how they designed it

ya tpetar sir i am eagerly waiting for the material u ll provide , hmm no matter what the cost is but i want to make things running on button cells , i mean i want to convert my personal designs to be able to run like that only thanks a lot lot , but may be i ll ve to search for standard chip / uc . . well let c

efforts are mean for best , leave on the almighty rest . . .

- - - Updated - - -

ya arunava its right i usually observed a black chip but the colour is nothing to do with the issue we are discussing here
in some musical greeting cards i saw white chips once a decade ago . . but it was doing same function nothing much more than that

hmm ya audioguru sir its all ok what u r saying but its not having any inductor part & 4.5 v is enough for LEDs
But how the circuitry is working on such low power parameters ? thats the issue here . . how they designed it

ya tpetar sir i am eagerly waiting for the material u ll provide , hmm no matter what the cost is but i want to make things running on button cells , i mean i want to convert my personal designs to be able to run like that only thanks a lot lot , but may be i ll ve to search for standard chip / uc . . well let c

efforts are mean for best , leave on the almighty rest . . .

LED voltage is under 4,5V therefore led can light.

You should use regular IC/uC, and avoid bad sellers and usage of cloned parts, they are often with poor perfomance and real capabilities is far from original specification. Cloning of parts is not for home users, its for labs.

:wink:

oh kk kk kk got it , the summary is i ve to go for same ic nmbers but with a label of branded companys u mean to say here ?

hmm i use original parts only , i mean basically i ve maximum nmber of ics only for the digital circuits & a few resistor it needs , so if u can suggest some good company name then its pleasure for me sir . . for now i purchased today here the detail is

a 74192 ic

& its labbled with . . the diagram is below

please refer

Image0568.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

on the top line an F is there in italic form at left most side

please confirm

This depends from your locations and from payment and postal capabilities. You can buy from bigger sellers such as DigiKey, Farnell, RS, TME, ....

kkk thanks , so the ic i shown you above is from a reputed one ?

- - - Updated - - -

and how could i get the series from your list ? is it available in ebay etc ? plz rply

I dont know, sometimes people publish on Internet pictures of originals and clones. Also check manufacturer datasheet for particular part, and check IC markings.

On ebay you can buy anything, look positive, neutral and negative feedbacks.

- - - Updated - - -

See this circuits:

http://www.qrp.pops.net/leds.asp

- - - Updated - - -

http://blog.makezine.com/projects/wave-jt-led-chaser-with-joule-thief/

kk got it , what is meant by ic markings sir ?

You showed a 74LS192 high speed low power (but fairly high supply current) TTL IC made by Fairchild, not an extremely old high supply current 74192 TTL IC.
They both need a regulated 5V supply.

Modern high speed Cmos ICs are used for microcontrollers and work with a supply from 2V to 6V (some work at 1.5V). They draw almost no current.

Reactions: tpetar

tpetar

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back