Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Half bridge Vs. full bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

levnu

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can someone help by mentioning (summarize) the pros & cons of half/full bridge
(while i'm trying to generate an AC signal on a load by using PWM signal?)
does full bridge allow to generate (work) with more power on the load while using the same DC source? if yes why?
what are the general differences, i tried to find answers on the web but there is no focused summary of it

full.jpghalf.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

while watching on both configuratins its seems almost the same with a difference that in half bridge there are capacitores instead of Mosfets, yet isn't the same current goes throw the load on both configurations?

you can get bus pumping on the half bridge for low freq AC supplied to your load, not for the full bridge.

The same current doesn't go thru the load, the applied volts are half for the half bridge, hence the load impedance needs to be 1/2 if you want the same current - i.e. you'll need bigger mosfets for the same power in a half bridge. Also reactive loads behave differently in a half bridge - resulting in driving up the cap voltage for low freq AC into an inductive load...

Status
Not open for further replies.